A scholarship is a financial assistance for a student’s further education at school, secondary college, university, or any other academic sector. Scholarships are provided to the student based on their merit, athletic skills, and financial requirements.
Like many leading countries, New Zealand Government has also introduced a fully-funded scholarship to meritorious students. Students of New Zealand, as well as other countries, can apply. An assorted range of Academic sections is offered in New Zealand Universities. The application process is free of charge for the New Zealand Government Scholarships.
- An Overview on Government Funded Scholarship 2022
- Specifications of New Zealand Government Scholarships
- How to Apply
- Norms of Eligibility
- Quantity of New Zealand Scholarships
- Available Study Levels for the Countries
- Scholarship Inclusion
- Medical Insurance
- 8 Universities to Opt For New Zealand Scholarships
- List of Eligible Countries
An Overview on Government Funded Scholarship 2022
The New Zealand Scholarships are fully funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade. A total number of 650 New Zealand Scholarships are available. Students can study for the Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D., or Doctoral Degree from the reputed Universities in New Zealand.
There is a piece of good news to the applicants that they can apply without paying any charges for the Government funded New Zealand Scholarships.
After getting the New Zealand Scholarships students will also have other privileges like travel allowance to their home country, medical insurance, full tuition fees, living allowance, and also establishment allowances for their initial set up like house rents, other study materials.
Specifications of New Zealand Government Scholarships
- Country of Scholarship: New Zealand.
- No. of Scholarships: 650.
- Course Level: Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D.
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded.
How to Apply
To apply for the New Zealand Scholarships, participants may go through the official online site. Students are requested to visit the official website of the Government of New Zealand Scholarships.
Norms of Eligibility
- Citizenship of the applicants.
- The applicants’ time of living period in their home country.
- Work experiences of the applicants.
- If the New Zealand Scholarships provide the scholarship facility to the applicants home country or not.
- The applicant’s home country provides the particular levels and zones in which they wish to proceed.
Quantity of New Zealand Scholarships
The New Zealand Scholarships are widely available to 130 countries. 5 Scholarships are provided to each of the countries. Therefore, a total of 650 Scholarships will be provided.
Available Study Levels for the Countries
- Undergraduate Degree (3-4 years).
- Postgraduate Diploma (1 year).
- Postgraduate Certificate (6 months).
- Master’s Degree (1-2 years).
- Ph.D. (3.5 years).
- The New Zealand Scholarships are fully funded by their Government. The financial coverage is given below-
- The full amount of the Tuition fees.
- Per week Living Allowance of NZ$491.
- To help the applicants to bear their initial setup cost, the New Zealand Scholarships offers an Establishment Allowance of NZ$3000.
Airfare Travel Tickets for applicants to travel to their home country.
Research and thesis charges for postgraduate students.
8 Universities to Opt For New Zealand Scholarships
The University of Auckland.
Victoria University of Wellington.
Auckland University of Technology.
The University of Canterbury.
University of Waikato.
The University of Otago.
List of Eligible Countries
Several countries all over the world are eligible to take part in the New Zealand Scholarships program. Such countries are-
- Pacific Countries- Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Marshal Island, Micronesia, Kiribati, Palau, Nauru, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Cook Islands.
- Asian Countries- India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Thailand, Nepal, Malaysia, Vietnam, Jordan, Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Mongolia, Lao PDR, Timor-Leste.
- African Countries- Algeria, Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Angola, Kenya, Ethiopia, Malawi, South Africa, Tunisia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Mauritius.
- Caribbean Countries- Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Dominican Republic, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad, and Tobago.
- Latin American Countries- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Mexico, Peru, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Venezuela.
The New Zealand Scholarships application deadlines depend from Country to Country. To get many more details regarding the deadlines applicants are requested to check the official website of the Government of New Zealand Scholarships.
Also Read: 5 Top Most Data Science Master’s Programs
The New Zealand Scholarships will recreate the student’s future. This is one of the best scholarship programs throughout New Zealand.
Various academic fields such as Arts, Law, Science and Engineering, Medical, Social Sciences, Technology, etc. are included in the Scholarship program. All the allowances will be fully funded by the New Zealand Government Scholarship forum.