What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is one of the most recommended or preferred software tools for grammar correction, make spellings correct and build up plagiarism-free writing. Grammarly helps you write flawlessly by correcting minor mistakes and provide you the basic help in grammar. For example, extra use of the hyphen, comma, wrong use of the capital letter, etc. can be corrected by this tool. Apart from this facility, Grammarly offers you the chance to make your writing uninterrupted and correct while writing any post or forming mails instantly.
An Overview of Grammarly
This grammar checking tool is counted as the best as it does not require downloading any physical copy of your writing on your device. And Grammarly is genuinely equipped to fulfill your basic grammar requirements.
Grammarly has a very simple and clear dashboard that displays all the latest documents you have worked on recently. This grammar checking tool allows you to do proofreading along with proper grammar suggestions.
Lesser known facts about Grammarly
Just go through the following facts that are less known to us but really important.
- Grammarly helps you to write quickly, conveniently, and of better quality.
- The grammar checking tool fitted all the platforms where you write.
- This tool allows to check plagiarism along with other features such as proofreading and generating citation.
- The grammar checking tool offers you over 400 grammar checking rules.
- Grammarly is compatible with almost every type of device such as Android, Windows, Mac, and iOS.
- The grammar checking tool comes with a very neat dashboard.
- Grammarly is included with Artificial Intelligence (AI) to check the errors.
- It allows the user to use most of the frequently used web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Grammarly also featured to use multiple devices at a time.
Services provided by Grammarly are as follows:
- Grammarly EDU
- Plagiarism Checker
- Grammar Checker
- Grammarly Business
The grammar checking tool does not show its actual pricing. But from many other sources, it can be known that the monthly cost for the premium plan is $29.95.
Why there is a need for Grammarly Alternatives?
- The free version of Grammarly has limited features related to grammar suggestions and spell correction.
- This grammar checking tool does not actually work on every app that you have chosen to work.
- It can seem sometimes to the user that the advertisements arise in the tool very aggressively.
- $29 can be a bit expensive for most people.
- The tool often shows a red underline even when that is not incorrect.
Top Grammarly Alternatives
As it can be noted from the previous part of the discussion there is a crucial need for Grammarly alternatives, so here some good and competitive alternatives would be discussed next.
This is a grammar checking tool with few facilities like plagiarism checking and style editor.
- This tool has over 20 types of reports that can help you to analyze your content.
- It has an integration with Google Chrome, Microsoft Suite, and Scrivener, etc.
- It has the features like checking the repeated words, style suggestions, visualizing sentences, etc.
- ProWritingAid: Free.
- ProWritingAid Premium: $60/ year.
- ProWritingAid Premium+: $70/ year.
The tool has only access on Google Chrome.
This is a grammar checking tool with the facility of authentic integration to all the platforms.
- WhiteSmoke helps the user to find errors and offers additional suggestions on those errors.
- The latest version of this tool has the ability to show dozen of updates for your content.
- Helps to create flawless and error-free and non-plagiarized writing.
WhiteSmoke doesn’t provide any free trial or plan.
- Essential plan: $5/ month.
- Premium plan: $6.66/ month.
- Business plan: $11.50/ month.
Doesn’t has satisfying customer service.
Sapling is one of the best grammar checking tools among all.
- Aligned with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
- This tool has an extension with Google Docs, Outlook, and Google Slides.
- It allows the team-based control and configuration.
- Free plan
- Premium plan: $25/ month.
Extensions are not for Android and iOS.
This is a start-up organization belongs to Israel that is aimed to improve English skills, boost writing quality, and improves communication skills with writing.
- The grammar checking tool is very efficient to put uniqueness in the writing.
- Emoji, customization in themes are the feature of this tool.
- Proofreading tips with a single click.
- Monthly plan: $20.97/ month.
- Annual plan: $7.49/ month.
- Two Years plan: $6.66/ month.
It does not allow to work in Google Docs.
This is an online grammar checking tool with the efficiency of spell check and proofreading.
- It is also designed with advanced AI.
- It can provide the user the facility of plagiarism checking.
- Feedbacks, suggestions, and writing instructions are available in this tool.
The grammar checking tool is free along with a Premium plan of $14.95/ month.
This online tool offers a grammar checking facility with translation options in 14 languages such as Spanish, French, German, Russian, Italian, etc.
- The option of instant translation in multiple languages.
- There is no requirement for an internet connection to access this tool.
- The user can view reverse translation instantly and get a clear search history.
The grammar checking tool facilitated with a free plan for its users up to 2500 words.
Its paid plans are as follows:
- Advanced plan: Pay as you go.
- Customized plan: Custom pricing.
SentenceCheckup is a free online grammar checking tool with deep checking options to make the content proper and unique.
- This is a free online sentence checker that is truly advanced in the feature.
- It also checks the structure of your writing.
- As it works with an advanced algorithm, it makes the sentence errorless.
It is absolutely free and does not have any offer plan.
Though it uses an advanced algorithm, still there is a requirement to be technically improved.
- Hemingway App
The Hemingway App is a grammar checking tool that is aimed at lightening your work by erasing unnecessary errors from your writing. The user can also start writing directly on the app.
- This grammar checking tool can be used from anywhere without any internet connection.
- With a click, you can set your format in it.
- You can share your works simultaneously with your colleagues with this app.
The app is accessible with a one-time payment of $19.99.
- The app can seem a bit expensive.
- Don’t cover all the grammar corrections.
This is a professional proofreading tool having the additional facility of grammar check, spell check and find errors. This tool helps the users by finding errors in several languages including French, Spanish, and German along with English.
- In these tools, there is an add-on with Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Support in multiple languages, dictionary and autocorrect options.
- Suggestion on writing, privacy assurance.
Premium plan: $4.92/ month and 40,000 characters in each check.
Enterprise plan: $39/ month and 40,000 characters in each check.
- The plagiarism detecting option is not available.
- All types of devices are not supported in it.
All who have to write for various purposes need a genuine grammar checking tool. That’s why we look for a tool that is well-designed with all the possible features to increase the quality of our writing. Therefore in this article, the main discussion was purposed to solve this issue. After such a comparing discussion it would easy for you to find the best grammar tool for you that fulfills your requirements.
Payel Das is a lovable mother of a sweet baby boy named ‘Aastik’. She is a pass out of the University of Calcutta with a post-graduation degree in History. She has been selected as the Cultural Secretary of the University during her educational period. At that time she fell into love with various types of writings which were frequently used to publish in students’ magazines and university wall magazines. Writing has gradually become her passion and now she is a full-time writer especially working as an Academic Writer and Scriptwriter.