What is the DRDO girls scholarship?
DRDO stands for Defence Research and Development Organization is for female students of graduation and post graduation. DRDO scholarship 2022 for girls is provided by the Aeronautics Research and Development Board of the Research and Development Wing under the Ministry of Defence.
DRDO scholarship 2022 for UG and PG courses girls began on 10 February, 2022. The last date of applying for the scholarship is 31 March, 2022. Many girls are thus interested in filling the DRDO scholarship forms.
° UG students applying for DRDO scholarship should have a valid percentage in JEE Mains. °
Eligibility criteria to apply for DRDO scholarship
- For DRDO scholarship 2022 for girls, women studying in a full time, regular UG (3/4 years) course or a full time regular PG (2 years) can apply for the scholarship.
- Students should be from any government/autonomous college/university recognised by UGC.
- Applicants should have at least 60% marks in their undergraduate examinations and good GATE scores.
- Applications should be a citizen of India.
° ₹1,86,000 is paid in two years annually to PG students. °
For DRDO scholarship 2022 for UG and PG courses girls, students should be from engineering subjects such as:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Space Engineering
- Aircraft Engineering
Applying for DRDO scholarship
For DRDO scholarship 2022 for girls, the steps are very easy as the application can be done online. The steps are:
- Visit the online portal of RAC: https://rav.gov.in/.
- Fill in the form with proper details.
- Select the status of your education: undergraduate or postgraduate.
- Scan all the necessary documents: passport size photo, Aadhaar card, fees details and certificate from your institution for DRDO scholarship 2022 for UG and PG courses girls.
- Keep the form printed for future use.
° Students applying for DRDO scholarship should have at least 6.75 CGPA out of 10 to qualify for the scholarship. °
Number of scholarships available and scholarship amount
DRDO scholarship 2022 for UG and PG courses girls are very limited. While for UG courses 20 scholarships are provided all over the country, 10 scholarships are provided all over the country for PG students.
DRDO scholarship 2022 for girls is a well paid scholarship. ₹1,20,000 per year is paid to UG students and ₹15,500 per month is paid to PG students.
- What is aadhar scholarship?
Aadhaar card is a mandatory document for getting any national scholarship. Having an Aadhaar card makes it easy for a student to apply for any national scholarship and get the scholarship amount transferred easily through his/her bank account.
- What is the Pragati scholarship scheme?
The Pragati Scholarship scheme is a national scholarship that is provided by AICTE. It provides assistance in the advancement of a girl child particularly in the field of technical education that empowers women and opens for them the scope of earning their own money.
- What is a PM scholarship?
PM scholarship is given to widows and children of the dead/the ex-employees of the Armed Forces of India for diploma and postgraduate studies.
- What is the APJ Abdul Kalam scholarship?
APJ Abdul Kalam scholarship is for the students of the Economically Weaker Section (EWS). This scholarship is given to brilliant students of financially weaker backgrounds to complete professional courses in higher education.