Now That You Have a Tourist or Business Visa, You Can Apply For Jobs in the US

The Preface

There is some good news for you if you are on a B-1 or B-2 business or tourist visa and are searching for work while in the United States. Those entering the country on a business or tourist visa are now permitted to submit applications and even appear in person for interviews, according to a recent announcement from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The post is included with in-depth information on You Can Apply For Jobs in the US. So please take a look on the entire facts.

When assigning candidates to a new position, UCIS encouraged prospective employers to confirm the candidates’ visa status.

“Several people have inquired as to whether they may search for employment while in B-1 or B-2 status. Yes, is the response? Employment searching and job interviews are acceptable B-1 or B-2 activities, according to a string of tweets from US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Explanation of the H1-B visa

According to USCIS, non-immigrant workers who lose their jobs may not be aware of all of their options and, in some cases, may believe they have no choice but to leave the country within 60 days.

If their employment is terminated, whether voluntarily or unwillingly, a non-immigrant worker often has the option of choosing one of the following procedures to continue in an authorized period of stay in the United States:

  • Submit a request to modify your non-immigrant status.
  • Submit a request for status modification.
  • Submit a request for a “compelling circumstances” “a certificate of employment authorization; or be the recipient of a legitimate petition to switch employers.

“Even if the nonimmigrant loses their prior nonimmigrant status, the length of permissible stay in the United States may extend 60 days if one of these events takes place inside the 60-day grace period. The worker and any dependents may be required to leave the United States within 60 days or when their approved validity period expires, whichever comes first, if they do nothing within the grace period “USCIS posted a tweet.

The Closure

Furthermore, a petition and request for a change of status from a B-1 or B-2 to an employment-authorized status must be approved and the new status must take effect before beginning any new work, according to the USCIS.

Alternatively, the person must leave the United States and be admitted in an employment-authorized classification before beginning the new employment, according to the USCIS, if the change of status request is rejected or the petition for new employment requests consular or port of entry notification.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Unveiling the Silent Killer: Why Women Are at Higher Risk of Death After a Heart Attack Los Angeles Weather: Cloudy and Mild Today India’s Cashless Revolution: Why the Future is Digital Rare case: Pakistani baby born with two penises 48 Common Drugs Fail Quality Test: CDSCO Alert From Gangster to Parliamentarian: The Story of Atiq Ahmad’s Journey ‘BharOS,’ an indigenous smartphone operating system developed by IIT Madras BJP, Congress spar over Rahul Gandhi ‘wearing thermals’