Please go through the story for knowing 10 Surprising Facts About American Culture and Society.
1. According to the Environmental Protection Agency's most recent 2012 statistics, every single American discards approximately 4.4 pounds (2 kilograms) of garbage every single day.
2. Energy Information Administration, the United States consumed 18% of the world's total energy consumption in 2012, which was 529 quadrillion British thermal units (Btu).
3. Although a sizable majority of American adults (74%) believe in a deity, this percentage has decreased from 82%) in 2005, according to a 2013 Harris Interactive poll.
4. Notably, the same Harris poll revealed that 42% of Americans, 26% of Americans believe in witches, and 24% of Americans believe in reincarnation.
5. The belief that "shape-shifting reptile individuals dominate our world by taking on human form and acquiring power" was reportedly held by 4% of respondents
6. Our subpar education statistics when compared to other nations may be a major factor in why so many Americans hold dubious beliefs.
7. American researchers were responsible for writing 27.8% of the roughly 1.27 million papers that were published in 2012, with Chinese researchers coming in second at 14%.
8. The United States came in last place for overall health care performance in terms of efficiency, equity of care, and "healthy lives."
9. With an average age of 77.97 years and a gender breakdown of 75.35 years for males and 80.51 years for women
10. Increasing weight. The United States continues to be the world's most overweight nation, according to a 2014 study published in the journal The Lancet.