What is the need for having a Passport?
Passport is the primary document of travel within and outside the country, to foreign lands and is issued by the Government of India. It is also a photo identity proof and works as a proof of address.
The Ministry of External Affairs under the Indian government issues passports to Indian citizens.
Due to its importance as a document of identity and travel, many people want to know about E-Passports. E-Passports apply is an easy process with access to the internet at hand.
What is an E-Passport?
E-Passports are biometric passports. It has an embedded microprocessor chip that contains all the important details of the Passport holder. India began issuing E-Passports in 2008 for diplomatic passport holders. People want to choose E-Passports to apply because in the present time’s everybody wants to contactless digital passport.
E-Passport was first introduced by Malaysia in 1998.
How to apply for E-Passports?
An E-Passport application is an easy thing to do. All you have to do is to take the following steps:
- Visit the official portal of Passport Seva: https://www.passportindia.gov.in or download the Passport Seva app.
- Register yourself on the website of Passport Seva.
- Click on ‘Apply for Fresh Passport’ for E-Passports.
- Fill up the form with all the necessary details and submit it.
Passports are of two types: Ordinary Passports and diplomatic passports.
- Click on ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ under the section ‘View Saved/Submitted Application’ to make the payment and schedule an appointment.
- For E-Passports apply, click on ‘Print Application Receipt’.
- With the Application Reference Number (ARN), visit the Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office for the verification of your E-Passports. Don’t forget to take all your original of your essential documents like Voter ID Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, etc.
Passport is usually issued to the applicant within 30-40 working days after application.
Can I download my Passport online?
You can’t download your Passport as such. You can upload a scanned copy of your passport on the DigiLocker app of the Indian Government and download it from there as per your requirement.
Where can I download my Passport?
There is no such way to download your Passport. Use the DigiLocker platform to scan and upload your passport. Your passport can be accessed and downloaded directly from there.
How do I pdf a Passport Format?
Use a white background or paper to scan your passport at home using scanning apps like Adobe Scan or Scanner Pro. Scan your passport in JPG or PDF in high resolution.
Also Read: How To Make a Ration Card Online in 2022?
How do I download my Passport from DigiLocker?
- Download DigiLocker from PlayStore or App Store.
- Click on ‘Get Started’ by opening the app.
- Click on ‘Create Account.
- Put your details properly and click on ‘Submit’.
- As soon as you receive the OTP on your mobile number, input it and submit it.
- Create a password for your account.
- As soon as you are registered on the app, go to the Home page.
- Get started with downloading the documents from specific sections.